Easy, healthy and quick Almond Chia Bread made with almond flour, olive oil and coconut cream. This yummy on-the-go breakfast is dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup coconut cream, chilled overnight*
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon/lime zest
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Lemon/lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle, beat eggs, coconut cream, olive oil, maple syrup, lemon zest and vanilla, until combined.
- Add in the almond flour, gf flour, baking powder, baking soda and chia seeds, and beat until fully incorporated.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and top with dairy free yogurt, chia seeds, honey and lemon/lime zest (I used lime).
*Chill the coconut cream overnight. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and discard the liquid.