Nothing beats a freshly baked Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookie with a crispy edge and a soft gooey center. Baked to perfection in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 1/2 sticks (170 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 (275 grams) cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (256 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups (320 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the softened butter, sugar and brown sugar, on medium-low, until soft and creamy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract, beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold into the butter-sugar mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- For even cookies, weigh the dough out into to 2 ounces. Roll into balls. Place 6 balls per baking sheet.
- For a chewier cookie: cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours. Let the dough sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before scooping.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until edges are golden brown but the center is soft and gooey. Cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle sea salt on top (optional but highly recommended) and transfer to cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Keywords: bakery style chocolate chip cookies, old fashioned chocolate chip cookies