The fudgiest, darkest, thickest brownies out there! This rich blackout brownies recipe have fudgy middles, crinkly tops and all the chocolate you’ll ever need.
- 2 cups gluten free or all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup special dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 cup nut milk, I used almond milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven at 350ºF. Grease a 9×9 inch square pan and line with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, sea salt, baking powder and cocoa powders.
- Add nut milk, eggs, vanilla extract and coconut oil and stir.
- Fold in chocolate chunks until evenly dispersed.
- Pour into pan and sprinkle extra chocolate chunks on top (optional).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges start to pull away from the sides and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in 30 second increments, mixing in between until the chocolate is fully melted. Allow to cool a bit before pouring over the cake. It will set within an hour.
Keywords: blackout brownies