Spiked with rum, these decadent dark chocolate truffles make for the best holiday party dessert. They are easy, luxurious and delicious!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp rum
- 315 gr dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp butter (chilled, diced)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- In a small saucepan heat the heavy cream and rum until warm to touch, but not boiling. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped dark chocolate and butter, and stir until smooth. Stir in brown sugar and whisk until combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once cool and solid, using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, portion the ganache into 1oz portions. Roll the balls between your hands and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. This process can get a little messy.
- Next, pour the cacao powder into a small bowl and dip and roll the truffles in the coating.
- These truffles keep best in the refrigerator. Remove from fridge until ready to serve.