An easy bread pudding recipe made with brioche, raspberries, chocolate and roasted almonds.
- 1 brioche loaf, sliced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the brioche slices in the loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, heavy cream, eggs, vanilla and almond extract, and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and salt, whisking as you go.
- Scatter the raspberries, chocolate and almond slices on top and in between the brioche slices. Pour over the mixture and set aside to soak for 15 minutes.
- Cook for 30 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving, and dust some confectioners sugar on top.
Recipe adapted from Donna Hay.
Keywords: bread pudding