Deliciously soft and lightly sweetened Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread made Gluten and Dairy Free.
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour, or arrowroot flour
- 1 3/4 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, plus more to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, greasing the inside well, so that the parchment paper sticks.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and whisk together until incorporated.
- Next, add the wet ingredients, and mix together using a hand mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the loaf pan and use a spatula to smooth the top. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 48-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
*To make your own pumpkin pie spice, read the blog post above.
- This can be left out on the counter for a few days, and in the refrigerator for up to one week. You can also freeze for up to 3 months, but I recommend slicing before freezing so you can pull out a slice when ready to enjoy.
- You can swap the maple syrup for either apple sauce or a mashed banana.
- You can swap butter for the coconut oil
- Optional pumpkin pie glaze (whisk together 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2-3 tablespoons water or nut milk, and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice).
Keywords: chocolate chip pumpkin bread, gluten free and dairy free bread