Soft and pillowy chocolate cinnamon rolls topped with a creamy condensed milk glaze.
- For the Dough:
- 3/4 cup whole milk, warmed to 110F
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk, room temp
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups all purpose flour
For the Chocolate Filling
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, separated
For the Condensed Milk Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk, as needed
For the Dough:
- Warm milk to 110F-115 F. Stir 1 tablespoon of sugar, milk and 1 packet of active dry yeast. Give it a quick stir and let stand for 5 minutes until foamy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the hook attachment, combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast mixture. Beat on low until just combined.
- Add one egg at a time, and continue kneading until the dough begins to form.
- Add butter, one tablespoon at a time, and knead at medium speed until the dough is soft and smooth, and doesn’t stick to the sides of the bowl. This takes about 8 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and transfer the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for about an hour, at room temp.
To make the filling:
- While the dough rises, make the chocolate filling. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir until the butter melts completely and all the ingredients are fully incorporated. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips, stir until melted and set aside to cool.
To shape the dough:
- Once the dough has doubled in size, transfer to a floured surface and using a rolling pin, shape the dough into a 16×12-inch rectangle, long side facing you.
- Spread the chocolate filling all over the dough, leaving about 1 inch on each side. Sprinkle another half cup of chocolate chips. Roll the dough and form a log shape (about 12 inches long), pressing on the ends. Trim the edges and lightly flour the roll.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the roll into 12 equal parts.
- Transfer to a greased 9x13inch pan. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel, and allow to rise for another hour.
- Bake at 350F for about 25-30 minutes until golden.
To make the condensed milk glaze:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the sifted powdered sugar, softened butter, condensed milk, and vanilla. Beat until desired consistency. If the glaze is too thick add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time, until soft and creamy. On the contrary, if it’s too liquid, add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar at a time, until creamy.
- Spread the glaze over the warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
*Eagle Brand products are available nationwide. For more information, visit the Store Locator section on their site.
Keywords: chocolate cinnamon rolls, cinnamon rolls, easy homemade cinnamon rolls, condensed milk glaze