This soft and surprisingly light Chocolate Olive Oil Cake with a deep dark cocoa flavor, is the perfect year-round dessert!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (dutch process)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 medium eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients; flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Mix in the salt, granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (except water); vanilla, olive oil, milk and eggs. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, fold using a spatula.
- Slowly, add the boiling water and fold until fully combined.
- Transfer to bundt pan. Smooth the top out using a spatula. Tap the pan to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Then turn it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Keywords: chocolate olive oil cake, olive oil cake