Homemade authentic rice pudding with chocolate swirls has the perfect texture and and sweetness. Easy to make and a favorite recipe of mine. It’s also lactose-free!
for the rice pudding
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp all-spice
- 4 cups lactose-free milk
- 1 cup La Lechera Lactose-free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
for the chocolate swirls:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Butterscotch chips
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Drizzle La Lechera Lactose-free Sweetened Condensed Milk
make the rice pudding
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the rice and water and allow to cook for 10 minutes, or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Add milk and cinnamon sticks and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring constantly. If the milk has been absorbed but the rice isn’t soft enough, add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Add the lactose-free condensed milk, sugar, all spice and salt, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir one more time.
- Allow to come to room temperature before refrigerating.
For the Chocolate Swirls:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in 30 second increments, mixing in between until the chocolate is fully melted. Allow to cool a bit before serving.
- Pour some chocolate sauce in the bottom of a cup, add a few tablespoons of rice pudding and a another tablespoon of chocolate sauce. Alternate as desired! Top with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, condensed milk or coconut. Serve cold or warm (I prefer warm!)
Keywords: homemade chocolate rice pudding