Apple Galette with Puff Pastry is an easy and delicious fall dessert. It is made with a store-bought buttery and flaky crust and a sweet apple filling. For the perfect bite, serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of salted caramel!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3–4 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
- 1 tbsp coarse sugar, optional
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel sauce, store-bought or homemade
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet into a 16″x14″ rectangle. Place the pastry dough on the rolling pin and transfer to the prepared baking sheet
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples and arrange them on top of the puff pastry. Coat with butter-sugar mixture using a spoon. Fold and tuck the edges of the puff pastry over the apples, overlapping the dough as needed. Brush with edges of the puff pastry with the beaten egg (also known as egg wash). Sprinkle sparkling sugar around the edges, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Let the galette cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Baking Time: if the edges of the puff pastry start to brown too quickly, cover with foil for the last few minutes of baking.
- Apples: the best apples for a galette are baking apples, but you can use any variety such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Pink Lady, Fuji.
- Chilling the puff pastry dough while preparing the filling ensures it will hold its shape while baking and makes it easier to fold and tuck.
- Storage: to store, wrap galette in plastic wrap or foil, refrigerate for up to 3 days. To freeze, wrap it in plastic wrap and then in foil, place in a freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, place in refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, let it come to room temperature, about 30 minutes, before serving. Or, reheat the thawed galette in a 300ºF oven for about 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American, French
Keywords: apple puff pastry galette, fall dessert, easy apple galette, galette with puff pastry