Easy puff pastry apple galette topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3–4 apples, peeled and cored, I used green
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg, whisked, for egg wash
- 1 tbsp sparkling sugar, optional
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Caramel, store-bought or homemade, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Lightly flour a working surface, and roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet into a 16″x14″ rectangle. Transfer to a 10″ cast iron and press gently onto bottom and sides.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and lemon, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Thinly slice the apples and arrange them on top of the puff pastry. Coat with butter-sugar mixture. Fold and tuck the remaining puff pastry, brush with egg wash and sprinkle sparkling sugar around the edges (optional).
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel.
Keywords: puff pastry apple galette, summer dessert, easy galette