- 1 1/2 cups ripe mashed bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 2 tbsp plant based yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks (dairy free)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a 6 jumbo muffin pan or a 12 regular sized muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients; mashed bananas, melted and cooled coconut oil, honey, eggs, vanilla extract, yogurt, milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients, folding until fully incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Divide the batter evenly into muffin tin, sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes for small, 25-30 for jumbo, until golden.
- Cool in a cooling rack. Best when served warm. Recipe makes 16 regular sizes muffins and 9 jumbo.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: chocolate banana nut muffins, healthy recipes