Homemade baked apple cider donuts are the perfect fall treat. Covered in browned butter and cinnamon sugar and topped with warm maple.
- 3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups apple cider, reduced to 1 cup
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, plus more for topping
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk, room temp
- 3 tbsp melted and browned butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Warm maple syrup, to serve, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring apple cider to a boil over high heat, until reduced by half. This takes between 10 to 15 minutes, but keep an eye on it. Allow to cool before mixing it in.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, melted and cooled butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, milk and cooled cider. Stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture, and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Grease a donut pan with baking spray.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag, and pipe into each donut cup.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15-18 minutes.
- Melt and lightly brown the butter.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, brown butter and cinnamon.
- Brush each donut with warm butter and dip into the cinnamon sugar mixture, coating the donut completely.
- To serve: warm some maple syrup and dip!
Donuts keep for up to 2 days at room temp.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: baked apple cider donuts