These Heart shaped linzer cookies filled with Nutella are the perfect Valentines Day treat. Dust with powdered sugar and share with someone you love!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Combine dry ingredients: all purpose flour, almond flour, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until soft and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Add the dry mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 2 discs, place each between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll to 1/8″ thickness. Freeze for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove top sheet of parchment and use heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut out cookies and a smaller one to cutout the center to half of the cookies.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and place cookies on lined baking sheet. I also baked the little hearts! Bake for 8 minutes until light golden, cool on cooling rack.
- Microwave chocolate hazelnut spread for about 10 seconds and spread in the center of cookies. Dust the other half of the cookies (the ones with the smaller heart in the center) with powdered sugar. Sandwich them together and enjoy!
- For the little hearts, you can dust them with powdered sugar or cocoa, or both, and leave as is. Or, sandwich them together, with Nutella, like I did!
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or frozen (before adding the spread) for up to 3 months.
Recipe slightly adapted from Delish.
Keywords: linzer cookies, heart shaped cookies, Nutella cookies