Cozy up with a slice of this delicious One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Loaf and a warm drink. Served with melted chocolate, this loaf makes for the perfect afternoon snack.
For the Loaf:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour, unbleached
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, or neutral oil
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 4 oz semisweet dark chocolate, chopped
To make the loaf:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 9×5 loaf pan with baking spray, and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, milk, and egg, and whisk until fully incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and oil, and continue whisking until combined, careful not to over mix.
- Add the dry ingredients: all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Fold in the mini chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, covering with a foil about halfway through. The quick bread is ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before topping with ganache.
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Melt the chocolate over a double broiler. Cool slightly and pour the melted chocolate over the top of the loaf and spread using the back of a spoon.
- Slice and serve.
Keywords: quick bread, chocolate chip loaf, one-bowl chocolate chip loaf