Soft and velvety orange pound cake made with freshly squeeze orange juice and zest. Perfect for a morning snack or brunch dessert.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 3 oranges (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 10 x 2 1/2 inch bundt pan (or 2 loaf pans) with oil and dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk to combine and aerate, then make a well in the middle. Whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, eggs and oil in a medium bowl.
- Pour into the flour mixture, then whisk until no dry spots remain.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Bake until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before inverting it onto a cooling rack.
- You may need to use a palette knife to loosen the edges of the cake. Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing and serving.
* I added a simple icing made with 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 tbsp oil, 3-4 tbsp boiling water (as needed). Whisk together until desired consistency.