Quick and easy summery crisp filled with juicy peaches and raspberries, and topped with a walnut and oat crisp. This vegan and gluten free recipe is the perfect dessert to share with friends! Made with an Instant Pot.
For the Peach-Raspberry Filling
- 8 firm-ripe medium peaches
- Cooking spray or neutral-flavored oil, for the pot
- 1 pint raspberries (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 tbsp organic brown sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 whole cloves or 1/8 tsp ground cloves (optional)
- Pinch of kosher salt or fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract (or pure vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
For the Crisp Topping
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 up rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For serving (optional)
- Vegan vanilla ice cream
- Leave the peaches unpeeled and use a serrated knife to slice them into 3/4-inch-thick wedges. You will end up with about 6 cups of sliced peached.
- Coat the inner pot of the Instant Pot with cooking spray or lightly grease with oil.
- Add the sliced peaches and raspberries to the inner pot. Top with the cane sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves (if using), salt, almond extract, and lemon juice. Stir gently to coat the fruit.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure and set the cook time to 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, prepare the crisp topping: in a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Once the oil is melted and hot, add the oats, almond flour, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cook tossing frequently to prevent burning, until toasted and lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully transfer the crisp topping to a large piece of parchment paper and spread out to cool slightly.
- Once the 1-minute timer has completed and beeps, perform a quick pressure release by carefully switching the Pressure Release knob from Sealing to Venting.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 1 tbsp water until dissolved into a slurry. Open the pot and pour the slurry into the peach-ra[berry filling. Select the Sauté setting and bring to a boil, stirring gently until the filling has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the peach-raspberry filling to a large serving bowl or individual dessert bowls and sprinkle generously with the crisp topping. Serve warm with vegan vanilla ice cream if desired.
Keywords: peach-raspberry crisp