This Peaches & Cream Trifle is the perfect summer dessert! Made with layers of angel food cake, whipped cream cheese, fresh blackberries and juicy peaches.
For the Angel Food Cake:
- 1 prepared Angel Food Cake, homemade or store bought
For the Whipped Cream Cheese
- 8 oz (1 block) cream cheese, softened – room temp
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 8 peaches, sliced
- 1 pint (about 1 1/2 cups) of blackberries, or preferred berries
- Top whipped cream cheese with toasted nuts. I used walnuts and honey sliced almonds.
- Slice the angel food cake into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- To make the whipped cream cheese: in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually, pour the heavy cream and continue beating until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Assemble: place the angel food cake cubes in the bottom of the trifle bowl. Spoon a layer of whipped cream cheese, followed by the sliced peaches and a few blackberries sprinkled over the cream. Alternate layers of cake, whipped cream cheese and fruit. Finish with a thick layer of whipped cream and top with toasted nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Keeps well for up to 1 day.
Keywords: peaches and cream trifle