Small batch of perfectly soft vegan chocolate chip cookies with crispy edges and puddles of melted chocolate.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or light brown sugar), sifted
- 2 1/2 tbsp neutral oil, such as grapeseed* or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nut/plant based milk, I used almond milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (vegan)**
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and whisk to combine.
- Add in the coconut sugar, oil and nut milk. If using melted coconut oil, let it cool slightly before adding. Using a spatula, fold to combine the ingredients until there are no crumbs.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. The mixture will be thick unlike traditional cookie dough so it’s easier to mix with your hands. Shape the dough into 6 balls and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden. Let cool for 5 minutes until they harden a bit. Enjoy!
*I used grapeseed oil from La Tourangelle.
**I went heavy on the chocolate chips, feel free to add more or less! I like Enjoy Life for vegan/dairy free chocolate chips.
Read the blog post for easy substitutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: dessert, snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: small batch, vegan, vegan chocolate chip cookies