easy, simple and delicious tahini espresso banana bread perfect for breakfast or snack! serve warm with a drizzle of honey.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, about 2 cups, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3/4 cup espresso chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- 1 banana, sliced in half lengthwise, optional
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Serve with a drizzle of honey
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease and line a 9×5-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or hand held mixer), cream the butter, light brown sugar and sugar until soft and creamy.
- Add in eggs, mashed bananas, vanilla and tahini, mixing on low as you go.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, mix using a spatula until fully incorporated. Fold in espresso chips (or chocolate chips, if you prefer).
- Transfer to prepared pan and add the sliced banana on top (optional).
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Keywords: tahini espresso banana bread, tahini banana bread, easy breakfast