It doesn’t get easier than this marble cake recipe. Perfect for a cozy afternoon snack. Topped with a rich chocolate glaze, this is the best marble cake I’ve ever had!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs, per cake box
- 1 cup water, per cake box
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, per cake box
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Grease and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Following the instructions on the cake box, combine the ingredients necessary to make the yellow cake batter. In my case, I used 3 eggs, water and vegetable oil.
- Scoop out 1 cup of the yellow batter and add the cocoa powder, dark cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Pour half the yellow cake batter into a prepared 9×5 loaf pan. Spoon in the chocolate batter over the yellow batter, and make swirls using a knife or skewer. Don’t over mix!
- Add the remaining yellow batter and swirl one more time.
- Bake following directions on the box. Allow to cool before adding the chocolate sauce.
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in 30 second increments, mixing in between until the chocolate is fully melted. Allow to cool a bit before pouring over the cake. It will set within an hour.
Keywords: marble cake, chocolate sauce, easy marble cake, afternoon snack, snack cake