These easy homemade baked chocolate donuts are filled with a fudgy chocolate middle and a delicious chocolate glaze. Make them regular or vegan, these are perfect for a sweet afternoon treat!
- 2 cups all purpose flour, or gluten free
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp special dark 100% cacao powder, optional
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup non dairy chocolate chips
- 1–2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease donut pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combined sifted flour, sugars, cocoa and cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, melted and cooled melted butter, vanilla extract and yogurt. Stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir once more.
- Add batter to a piping bag (or plastic sandwich bag), and pipe it into the donut pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool before adding the glaze.
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second burst, stirring in between. until just melted.
- Dip the donuts into the chocolate glaze and place on cooling rack to set.