Delicious and super soft, one bowl Vegan Chocolate Banana Muffins made with healthier ingredients so you can indulge any time of day!
- 1 1/2 cups (about 4) very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup nut milk, I used almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 6 muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas using a fork, add nut milk, melted and cooled coconut oil, and brown sugar, stirring until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients: cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and stir until fully incorporated.
- Fold the chopped chocolate chunks and pecans until combined. Divide the batter into muffin liners and sprinkle additional pecans on top. Fill liners 3/4 to almost full.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Note: store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: vegan chocolate banana muffins