These delicious Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are the best of both worlds; soft and chewy cookies, filled with melty ice cream and covered in mini chocolate chips.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or light brown sugar), sifted
- 5 tbsp neutral oil, such as grapeseed* or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp nut/plant based milk, I used almond milk
- 2 cup dark chocolate chips (vegan)**
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and whisk to combine.
- Add in the coconut sugar, oil and nut milk. If using melted coconut oil, let it cool slightly before adding. Using a spatula, fold to combine the ingredients until there are no crumbs.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. The mixture will be thick unlike traditional cookie dough so it’s easier to mix with your hands. Shape the dough into 6 balls and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden. Let cool completely, about 15 minutes, before freezing for another 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add 1 cup of mini chocolate chip cookies. Set aside
- Grab 1 cookie and place 1 large scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream on the flat, bottom side, and place another cookie on top, sandwiching the ice cream in between the two cookies. Roll the edges in mini chocolate chips.
- Wrap each cookie sandwich in parchment paper and freeze for two hours. Thaw for a couple of minutes before serving. Wrapped cookie sandwiches keep well in the freezer for up to a week.
- *I went heavy on the chocolate chips, feel free to add more or less! I like Enjoy Life for vegan/dairy free chocolate chips.
- Read the blog post for easy substitutes.
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches, chipwich, ice cream sandwich cookies, chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich