These Blueberry Streusel Muffins have classic bakery style flavor and the perfect streusel/crumb top. Enjoy them warm, straight from the over or save for breakfast. These are dairy free, gluten-free and refined sugar free.
For the Streusel
- 1/2 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
For the Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with parchment liners.
- Make the Streusel: in a small bowl, whisk together all the streusel ingredients until fully combined and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, until the streusel begins to crisp up. Set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Make the Muffins: in a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients; flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients; coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Slowly begin to add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and gently fold in blueberries until fully combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan approximately 3/4 of the way full. Top each one with remaining blueberries and a generous sprinkle of the crumb top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean. Cool completely in the muffin pan before transferring to wire rack. Enjoy!