Treat your family to this Chocolate and Raspberry French Toast Bake aka the most delicious holiday breakfast tradition. Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup.
- 1 brioche loaf, sliced
- 1 cup Real California whole milk
- 1/4 cup Real California heavy cream
- 3 eggs + 1 yolk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Real California unsalted butter, softener
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries
- Maple syrup, for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a 12-inch oval baking dish with softened butter. Set aside.
- Slice the brioche loaf into 1-inch thick slices and lightly toast in the oven for a couple of minutes. Remove from the oven and spread a little bit of butter on each slice. Arrange the brioche slices in the baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine whole milk, heavy cream, eggs + egg yolks and vanilla, and whisk to combine. Add the sugar, brown sugar and salt, whisking until fully incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture over the entire loaf. Tip: use a brush to coat every slice.
- Bake the French toast for 20 minutes covered with foil, until egg mixture is set. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle the white and dark chocolate on top, followed by fresh raspberries and blackberries just before serving.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup, or dust powdered sugar on top!