¡HOLA & WELCOME!
I’m Rosana, the photographer, food writer and recipe developer behind Yoga of Cooking, your source for Latin-inspired recipes, all things chocolate, and memorable meals made for sharing.
This little corner on the internet began in 2018 as a personal journey to reconnect with my Hispanic heritage through my love language: food.
Born in Venezuela and raised in a large Spanish household, food has always been bridge between cultures; a way to celebrate our family’s history and tradition. From a young age, I experimented in the kitchen, whipping up my first masterpiece – a classic Pie de Limón.
Here on Yoga of Cooking, you’ll find:
- Authentic Venezuelan and Spanish recipes: Time-tested favorites passed down through generations.
- Comforting Latin-inspired classics: Reimagined everyday meals with a Latin twist.
- An abundance of chocolate: Because who can resist the rich, decadent world of cocoa! PS: Did you know Venezuela produces some of the best cacao in the world?
So, pull up a chair, grab a fork, and let’s let’s share the joy of a delicious meal together, where Latin flavors reign supreme.
¡Buen provecho & enjoy!
My Food Photography Journey:
- Venezuelan Roots, Spanish Inspiration: My photography journey began 15 years ago when I moved from Venezuela to Barcelona to pursue photography and explore the culinary landscape that shaped my childhood.
- Mastering the Craft: Immersed in the world of food photography, I earned Master’s degrees and honed my skills working on shows and films for Netflix, Disney ABC, and Sony Pictures.
- Food Styling: Assisting a Food Stylist on cooking segments featuring celebrity chefs truly sparked my culinary fire. I started experimenting in the kitchen, dusted off my camera, and Yoga of Cooking was born.
- Industry Recognition: Since then, I’ve collaborated with renowned brands like Williams Sonoma, Sur La Table, Bonne Maman, and Whole Foods, and my work has been featured in magazines such as ELLE and RealSimple.