This soft and delicious Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is simply the best! Made completely from scratch, this cake is the perfect spring dessert!Print
The Best Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
This soft and delicious Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is simply the best! Made completely from scratch, this cake is the perfect spring dessert!
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8–10 slices 1x
- 180g light brown sugar
- 60g granulated sugar
- 60g pineapple juice (from the can)
- 40g unsalted butter
- 125g unsalted butter
- 200g granulated sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 250g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 20oz pineapple slices in juice
- 130ml pineapple juice (from the can)
- 10 maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- For the caramel: in a small pot over medium low heat, stir ingredients until sugar melts. Whisking occasionally until everything is fully incorporated.
- Pour into a 8-inch pan, covering the bottom and sides of the mold.
- Arrange pineapple slices carefully around the pan. I like to cut them in half and arrange in a fan-like fashion. Place cherries in the center of each pineapple slice. Set aside.
- For the cake: in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk eggs on medium high speed, until foamy. They should look white and almost stiff. This helps make the cake extra spongy. Transfer to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar, on medium low, using the paddle attachment. Fold in the whisked eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients; flour, salt, baking powder. In a small bowl combine the remaining wet ingredients; pineapple juice and vanilla. To the butter and egg mixture, alternate adding in the dry mixture and the wet mixture starting and ending with the dry.
- Carefully pour batter into mold. Place batter over a water bath, by simply adding hot water to a baking sheet placed in the rack below.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15-20 minutes before inverting onto plate.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Hispanic
Keywords: pineapple upside-down cake
Leave a Reply