Creamy and comforting vegan Chai Rice Pudding infused with cinnamon and star anise, perfect for a Fall breakfast or dessert.
Nothing screams Fall like chai-spiced comforting desserts, which is why I’m so excited to share the recipe for this vegan Chai Rice Pudding!
And in case you haven’t noticed, we love a good rice pudding. It’s easy, comforting and brings back so many childhood memories.
Here are two other rice pudding recipes we love:
- Comforting Rice Pudding: or Arroz con Leche, as we call it in Venezuela, made with condensed milk and infused with lemon.
- Homemade Chocolate Rice Pudding: made dairy free, with a delicious chocolate swirl and topped with butterscotch chips.
Ingredients for Chai Rice Pudding
This recipe is made with simple pantry ingredients:
- Jasmine rice: this is the best rice for rice pudding, it’s a long grain variety with a subtle floral aroma, and offers great structure and texture.
- Rice milk: unsweetened. Coconut milk is also a good alternative.
- Cinnamon sticks: to infuse the rice.
- Star anise: adds a mild licorice flavor.
- Chai spices: which include ground cinnamon, allspice, ground ginger and cardamom.
How to Serve Chai Rice Pudding
We like serving rice pudding cold, straight out of the fridge, in a short glass, with a dollop of plant based yogurt and a dash of cinnamon. If you’re feeling fancy, or want to impress guests with this simple dessert, add a cinnamon stick and a couple of star anise for decoration.
Store Chai Rice Pudding
Simply store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
For more Fall recipes, check out my:
- Blueberry Coffee Cake with Pecan Streusel
- Maple Pecan Coffee Cake
- Homemade Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
If you loved this recipe, leave a comment below, rate and review! Share it with me on Instagram using #yogaofcooking. It always makes my day!
Happy Baking! xPrint