Deliciously soft and lightly sweetened Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread made Gluten and Dairy Free, the perfect fall snack!
Say hello to our first Pumpkin recipe of 2020 – Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread!
This recipe is for you if you:
- Enjoy fall baking!
- Love pumpkin baked goods filled with melted chocolate.
- Are looking for a healthy, naturally sweetened snack.
- Prefer no-fuss one-bowl recipes.
How to make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (Gluten and Dairy Free)
This one-bowl recipe is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients.
- Canned Pumpkin
- Almond Flour
- Tapioca Flour
- Pumpkin Pie Spice, or make your own (see below)
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Pecans or walnuts
- Simply combine the dry ingredients (full recipe below) with the wet ingredients, fold chocolate chips and pecans. Transfer to a loaf pan and bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes!
How to store Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This loaf can be left out on the counter for a few days in an airtight container, or in the refrigerator for up to one week. Another option would be to freeze for up to 3 months, however, I recommend slicing beforehand so you can pull out a slice when ready to enjoy.
Alternative Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Swap maple syrup for either apple sauce or a mashed banana.
- Use unsalted butter instead of coconut oil, melt and cool before using.
- Use arrowroot flour for tapioca flour.
How to make Pumpkin Pie Spice
To make your own pumpkin pie spice, you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Note: use as a substitute for store-bought pumpkin pie spice.
How to Make Muffins from a Pumpkin Loaf Recipe
This recipe is also fantastic for muffins!
To make muffins: follow the recipe instructions below and adjust baking time to 25-27 minutes. Recipe makes 8 muffins!
For more Fall recipes, check out my:
- Blueberry Coffee Cake with Pecan Streusel
- Maple Pecan Coffee Cake
- Homemade Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- Mini Pumpkin Tarts
So, you’ve made it this far and I’d love to hear from you! If you loved this recipe, leave a comment below, rate and review! Share it with me on Instagram using #yogaofcooking. It always makes my day!
Happy Baking! xPrint
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (Gluten and Dairy Free)
Deliciously soft and lightly sweetened Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread made Gluten and Dairy Free.
- Total Time: 8 minute
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour, or arrowroot flour
- 1 3/4 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, plus more to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, greasing the inside well, so that the parchment paper sticks.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and whisk together until incorporated.
- Next, add the wet ingredients, and mix together using a hand mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the loaf pan and use a spatula to smooth the top. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 48-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
*To make your own pumpkin pie spice, read the blog post above.
- This can be left out on the counter for a few days, and in the refrigerator for up to one week. You can also freeze for up to 3 months, but I recommend slicing before freezing so you can pull out a slice when ready to enjoy.
- You can swap the maple syrup for either apple sauce or a mashed banana.
- You can swap butter for the coconut oil
- Optional pumpkin pie glaze (whisk together 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2-3 tablespoons water or nut milk, and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip pumpkin bread, gluten free and dairy free bread
Recipe by Nicole @KaleJunkie
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links.12
This looks amazing!! Could regular all purpose flour be used instead of the gluten free/dairy free option?
I haven’t tried it so I can’t say for sure!