The fudgiest, darkest, thickest brownies out there! This rich blackout brownies recipe have fudgy middles, crinkly tops and all the chocolate you’ll ever need.
The most awaited recipe on the blog is finally here! I’ve been testing it for a while before I shared it with you, so here it is! The best ever blackout brownies. I almost wanted to call it blackout cake, they have that fudginess in the middle and that crinkly top that we all love in brownies.
Blackout brownies are similar to regular brownies, except they have a much richer chocolate taste. I’ve been on a Special Dark Cocoa Powder trend lately (you can see here and here) and for good reason! As you know I’m a huge chocolate foodie and that extra richness and dense texture just makes my heart extra happy.
How to make brownies from scratch
This recipe is perfect for those that love quick one-bowl recipes. And, there’s a great chance you already have these ingredients at home. I chose to make them dairy free by swapping butter for coconut oil. If you don’t have coconut oil at home, I believe any vegetable oil would do as long as they’re taste is very mild.
The best cocoa powder to use is Hershey’s Special Dark, it’s honestly the best one I’ve found that’s available at major grocery stores. For chocolate chips I always recommend Enjoy Life because they have cleaner ingredients, but you can use what you have!
Make sure your ingredients are all room temperature, especially the melted coconut so that they don’t mess with your eggs. Other than that, it’s a pretty straight forward, no fuss recipe!
So if you’re in need for some extra chocolatey love, this is the recipe for you! If you make it, share it with me on Instagram using #yogaofcooking! I’d love to see your creations!
Happy Baking! xoPrint
- 2 cups gluten free or all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup special dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 cup nut milk, I used almond milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven at 350ºF. Grease a 9×9 inch square pan and line with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, sea salt, baking powder and cocoa powders.
- Add nut milk, eggs, vanilla extract and coconut oil and stir.
- Fold in chocolate chunks until evenly dispersed.
- Pour into pan and sprinkle extra chocolate chunks on top (optional).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges start to pull away from the sides and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in 30 second increments, mixing in between until the chocolate is fully melted. Allow to cool a bit before pouring over the cake. It will set within an hour.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: blackout brownies
Looking for more delicious chocolate recipes? Check these out!20