Soft and fudgy brownie cookies with melted chocolate bits sandwiched between a creamy peanut butter frosting. These Peanut Butter Brownie Sandwich Cookies are the treats you never knew you needed!
Nothing beats a fudgy and rich brownie cookie, with melted chocolate bits in all the right places, and sandwich between a peanut butter frosting. Super delicious and a little decadent. The cookies my inner child has always craved for and didn’t know existed!
This blog is basically a compilation of all my childhood cravings. It’s true! As a little girl, my dream was to eat all the chocolate until my belly hurt. I pretty much still do that today! And since there’s nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate, these are for sure the best cookies on Yoga of Cooking.
PS- have you tried my Peanut Butter Brownies yet?
You’ve been asking for easy & quick recipes, so I’m delivering. These are simple to make and the peanut butter to chocolate ratio is ON POINT. The best part? 1 sandwich cookie counts as just 1 cookie, so go ahead and treat yo’self!
2 tips for cookie sandwich success: use good quality chocolate & cocoa and commercial brand peanut butter. My favorite brands to use in this recipe are: Valrhona Pure Cocoa Powder and Baking Bar, and Jif Creamy Peanut Butter (avoid using natural PB). That’s it! Only 20 minutes away from your new favorite cookies.
As always, if you loved this recipe, leave a comment and rate. Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram using the hashtag #yogaofcooking. It always makes my day.
Happy Baking! xPrint
Peanut Butter Brownie Sandwich Cookies
Soft and fudgy brownie cookies with melted chocolate bits sandwiched together between a creamy peanut butter frosting. These PB Brownie Sandwich Cookies are the treats you never knew you needed!
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookie sandwiches 1x
For the Brownie Cookies:
- 300 gr dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp dark cocoa powder
For the Peanut Butter* Frosting:
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp heavy cream, as needed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt.
For the Brownie Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Sift the flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder, and add to the egg mixture. Folding with a spatula, add the melted chocolate mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- With a small cookie or spoon, spoon dough onto prepared sheet. Slightly flatten the tops by pressing down with your fingers, so that they look more like discs.
- Bake for 10-12minutes, until the tops crackle. Allow to cool completely.
For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and peanut butter on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually mix in the powdered sugar, and continue beating. Add vanilla extract and salt.
- As the mixtures starts getting thick, add 1 tbsp of heavy cream at a time until desired consistency. I used about 4 tbsp for a creamy and spreadable frosting. Beat for another 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble the cookies, using a spoon or pastry bag, spread the frosting on one side of the cookie. Place another cookie on top and gently press down.
*Peanut Butter: avoid using natural peanut butter that separates. Any commercial brand, such as Jif, works.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: Brownie Sandwich Cookies with Peanut Butter
Craving more cookies? Check these out!
- Homemade Alfajores
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie
- Tahini Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Jenna Barnard says
These look amazing! That peanut butter frosting is so creamy
Just made these, they are so so good! Thanks a lot 🙂
So happy to hear that! Thank u!