Just like your favorite chocolate chip cookies, these bars are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside plus a delicious Nutella swirl. Easy and quick!
What I love about these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars is how quickly they come together! These are hands down a favorite YoC recipe.
If you love a good chocolate chip cookies and are obsessed with brownies, this recipe is for you. Cookie bars are a mix of those two, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, with melted chocolate and an extra velvety nutella swirl.
How to Make Cookie Bars
Making Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars is easier than you think! As always, read the whole recipe before gathering your ingredients. Play some fun music and measure everything out. Let’s do this!
- For this recipe, first melt the butter over medium heat. I prefer using European-style butter (extra fat!). Allow it to cool before adding the sugar and light brown sugar.
- Beat the butter and sugars until fully incorporated. You can do this by hand, but I prefer using my stand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture, continue beating. Alternate between the eggs and the flour. Always start and finish with flour.
- Add vanilla and beat until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips (yum!). And transfer to pan.
- Swirl a nutella on top and bake!
That’s it! Quick and easy chocolate chip cookie bars, SO GOOD!
As always, if you loved this recipe, leave a comment and rate. Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram using the hashtag #yogaofcooking. It always makes my day!
Happy Baking! xPrint
Just like your favorite chocolate chip cookies, these bars are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside plus a delicious nutella swirl. Easy and quick!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour, unbleached
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup nutella, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the melted and cooled butter, brown sugar and sugar, and beat until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients – flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the egg-sugar mixture, continue beating. Alternate with 1/2 beaten eggs, followed by 1/3 of the flour. Repeat and finish with the flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and beat until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and transfer cookie dough to prepared pan.
- Add dollops of nutella, if using, and swirl using a knife. Cookie dough will be thick.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Melted chocolate is ok!
- Cool bars on a cooking rack and cut bars into bars. Enjoy!
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie bar