Just like your favorite chocolate chip cookies, these bars are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside plus a delicious nutella swirl. Easy and quick!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour, unbleached
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup nutella, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the melted and cooled butter, brown sugar and sugar, and beat until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients – flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the egg-sugar mixture, continue beating. Alternate with 1/2 beaten eggs, followed by 1/3 of the flour. Repeat and finish with the flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and beat until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and transfer cookie dough to prepared pan.
- Add dollops of nutella, if using, and swirl using a knife. Cookie dough will be thick.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Melted chocolate is ok!
- Cool bars on a cooking rack and cut bars into bars. Enjoy!
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie bar