This refreshing Lemon Mojito is the perfect summer drink. Made with white rum, lemon juice, and fresh mint leaves, this cocktail is a delicious twist on the traditional Cuban classic.
This post is sponsored by Darling Lemons®. All opinions are my own.
Nothing says summer like a refreshing drink! This Lemon Mojito is a delicious blend of citrus, sweetness and herbaceous mint, and my take on one of the most popular Cuban drinks of all time.
I teamed up with Darling Lemons® to create this recipe and bring you a new crowd pleaser cocktail to enjoy with friends.
What is a Mojito?
A Mojito is a popular Cuban drink made with white rum, lime juice, mint leaves, sugar and soda water. They are traditionally served over crushed iced in a Collins glass (or glass tumbler).
How to Make a Lemon Mojito
To make Lemon Mojitos you’re going to need these ingredients:
- White Rum
- Darling Lemons®
- Fresh mint leaves
- Soda water
- Crushed ice
In a tumbler or Collins glass, mull using a cocktail muddler, 6-7 mint sprigs with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 quartered lemon. This helps release the mint flavor! Firmly and slowly, press down on the lemons and mint a few times. Add a shot of white rum and crushed ice. Combine using a large spoon. Top with soda water and garnish with sprig of mint leaves.
Watch the Video!
What kind of Lemons go into a Lemon Mojito?
Packed with vitamin C, Darling Lemons® come from the best citrus groves around the world. Squeeze, slice or zest them to add sweet and tangy flavor to your next meal no matter the time, place or occasion!
LGS, the company that supplies Darling Lemons®, partners with select growers around the world to bring customers the best quality and
Darling Lemons® is committed to social responsibility and respect for the environment where they source their lemons from. They are committed to protect their workers, products, public health, and the environment, while maintaining uncompromised safety standards.
How to Store Lemons
- Room Temperature: Store for about 2 to 7 days in an open air container away from direct sunlight.
- In the Refrigerator: Store in your refrigerator for several weeks.
Tips and Tricks for Making a Refreshing Lemon Mojito
- Use fresh and juicy lemons, such as Darling Lemons®.
- Do not muddle too much, this will bring out the bitter part of the lemon and mush all the mint leaves.
- If you don’t have a cocktail muddler, use the handle of a whisk or spatula, or a large wooden spoon.
- If you don’t like soda water, use sparkling water! I like to switch it up and use lemon sparkling water too.
How to Make Lemon Sugar
I like to serve my Lemon Mojitos in large tumblers and rim the glasses with lemon sugar to make them extra special
1. To make the lemon sugar: combine the zest of 1 lemon, with 3/4 cups of sugar in a bowl. Rim your tumbler glasses in sugar.
Hope you enjoy making this Refreshing Lemon Mojito recipe! And be sure to check out Darling Lemons® next time you head to the store.
Looking for other refreshing drinks? Check these out:
I’m so glad you’re making one of my recipes, and would love to see how it turns out! Share it on Instagram using #yogaofcooking so I can see it, it always makes my day!Print