This post is sponsored by ALDI. All opinions are my own.
Chocolate almond ice cream with brownie chunks, marshmallows and salted coconut caramel is the perfect dairy-free treat to enjoy this summer!
July is National Ice Cream Month and to celebrate I partnered with ALDI to bring you a super addictive and dairy-free dessert so you can treat yo’self! For this easy recipe I used ALDI Earth Grown Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream and I’m obsessed with it! I try to limit my dairy intake as much as I can, so finding an almond milk ice cream that I really like is a life saver.
This Caramel Brownie Ice Cream recipe is my version of a lightened up Rocky-Road. I won’t say that it’s guilt-free cause it’s a treat after all, but it’s made with high quality, gluten and dairy-free ingredients which always makes me feel good about my choices.
ALDI is my go-to grocery store for high quality and affordable ingredients, especially because, as a baker and blogger, I’m constantly testing recipes and trying out new things! I also like that it’s a one-stop-shop and I can get everything from produce to flour to marshmallows, to make delicious desserts for you.
How to make Caramel Brownie Ice Cream
OK, onto this delicious recipe! To make this Caramel Brownie Ice Cream you’re going to need:
- ALDI Earth Grown Vegan Chocolate Frozen Non-Dairy Dessert: softened, or your preferred Chocolate Ice cream. I used 2 pints to fill a 9″x5″ loaf pan.
- Salted Coconut Caramel (recipe below): it’s delicious, dairy-free and vegan!
- Marshmallows: you can cut ALDI Baker’s Corner Marshmallows into pieces or buy mini marshmallows.
- Brownies: my tried and true, fool-proof recipe of gluten-free brownies (below). They’re the best! Or any boxed brownie mix works too.
- Patience: after you assemble all your ingredients and make your brownies, you’re gonna need a few hours for the ice cream to freeze 100%. So if you’re planning a get-together, make sure to prep ahead of time.
Tips to fancy-up store-bought ice cream
Adding a few ingredients to store-bought ice cream is the easiest way to fancy up a dessert. Whether you’re making it for yourself, your guests or your kids, you’ll end up with a super yummy and customized treat that will have everyone asking for more!
- Make sure your ice cream base is softened. Leave it on your countertop for a few minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. Keep an eye on it cause it happens pretty fast with this summer heat.
- After your brownies have cooled, cut them into 1″ squares and place them on a baking tray. Make room in your freezer, and freeze for about 1 hour. This helps keep their shape when adding to the ice cream base.
- Keep the salted coconut caramel at room temp before incorporating, too. Otherwise it might melt the ice cream.
- Have your marshmallows ready to go!
looking for easy summer recipes? check these out!
There you have it, friends! My go-to dessert for these warm summer nights. ENJOY!
I’m so happy you’re making one of my recipes, and would love to see how it turns out! Share it on Instagram using #yogaofcooking so I can see it, it always makes my day!
* This post is brought to you by ALDI. All content, including recipe, photos, and words are my own. Thank you for supporting the brans that keep Yoga of Cooking, mindful.