A rustic strawberry galette made with puff pastry, fresh berries and honey. This galette is the perfect late summer night dessert and even better when served with vanilla ice cream.
What is a Galette
A Galette is a French pastry similar to a freeform tart made with pastry dough (or better yet, puff pastry). Galettes have a crispy, buttery crust and can be filled with any fruit. No matter the season, we always serve them warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel.
How to Make a Puff Pastry Strawberry Galette
Puff Pastry isn’t the traditional way to make a Galette, but it sure is the easiest! This foolproof recipe requires zero baking skills and minimal ingredients.
- To make: thaw one sheet of puff pastry on the counter for about 30 minutes. Once thawed, flour the countertop and roll it out to roughly 16″x14″. If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can use a wine bottle. Transfer onto a prepared baking sheet – simply line with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the halved strawberries, light brown sugar, honey, and extract. Coat the berries and arrange the filling over the dough.
- Tuck in the remaining puff pastry, brush with egg wash and sprinkle some granulated sugar on top.
- Bake at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
- To serve: scoop some vanilla ice cream right before serving.
Looking for quick & easy recipes? Check out these reader favorites:
- Caramel Apple Crisp with Granola
- Easy Puff Pastry Apple Galette
- Small Batch Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you loved this recipe, leave a comment and rate! Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram using the hashtag #yogaofcooking. It always makes my day!Print
A rustic strawberry galette made with puff pastry, fresh berries and honey. This galette is the perfect late summer night dessert and it’s even better when served with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed, halved
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, whisked, for egg wash
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar, optional
- 1–2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Fresh thyme and edible flowers, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly flour a working surface, and roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet into a 16″x14″ rectangle. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) by wrapping it around the rolling pin and unrolling over the sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the halved strawberries, light brown sugar, honey, cornstarch and vanilla extract, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Arrange the strawberry filling over the dough, leaving about 3 inches from the edges. Lift the edges up and fold up and over the berries.
- Brush the crust with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 3-5 minutes. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some fresh thyme sprigs and edible flowers.
Keywords: puff pastry galette, strawberry galette, strawberry dessert