A rustic strawberry galette made with puff pastry, fresh berries and honey. This galette is the perfect late summer night dessert and even better when served with vanilla ice cream.
What is a Galette
A Galette is a French pastry similar to a freeform tart made with pastry dough (or better yet, puff pastry). Galettes have a crispy, buttery crust and can be filled with any fruit. No matter the season, we always serve them warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel.
How to Make a Puff Pastry Strawberry Galette
Puff Pastry isn’t the traditional way to make a Galette, but it sure is the easiest! This foolproof recipe requires zero baking skills and minimal ingredients.
- To make: thaw one sheet of puff pastry on the counter for about 30 minutes. Once thawed, flour the countertop and roll it out to roughly 16″x14″. If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can use a wine bottle. Transfer onto a prepared baking sheet – simply line with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the halved strawberries, light brown sugar, honey, and extract. Coat the berries and arrange the filling over the dough.
- Tuck in the remaining puff pastry, brush with egg wash and sprinkle some granulated sugar on top.
- Bake at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
- To serve: scoop some vanilla ice cream right before serving.
Looking for quick & easy recipes? Check out these reader favorites:
- Caramel Apple Crisp with Granola
- Easy Puff Pastry Apple Galette
- Small Batch Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you loved this recipe, leave a comment and rate! Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram using the hashtag #yogaofcooking. It always makes my day!Print