Easy puff pastry apple galette topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel.
This Apple Galette is the perfect summer night dessert. It’s quick and easy, and serves about 8 people. So, head to the store and get yourself some puff pastry, apples and ice cream, and get baking!
What is a Galette
A Galette is a French pastry similar to a freeform tart made with pastry dough (or better yet, puff pastry). Galettes have a crispy, buttery crust and can be filled with any fruit. No matter the season, we always serve them warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel.
Best fillings for Galettes
The options are endless. Here are some ideas, from other sources, to inspire you to use what you have!
- Of course, this Apple Galette is my favorite 😉
- Peach Plum Galette from BonAppetit
- Blueberry Lemon Galette from Fine Cooking
- Gluten-Free Buckwheat Galette from Aran Goyoaga
- Jammy Strawberry Galette from Half Baked Harvest
How to Make an Easy Puff Pastry Apple Galette
Puff Pastry isn’t the traditional way to make a Galette, but it sure is the easiest! This foolproof recipe requires zero baking skills, minimal ingredients and an oven safe cast iron or deep pie dish.
- To make: thaw one sheet of puff pastry on the counter for about 30 minutes. Once thawed, flour the countertop and roll it out to roughly 16″x14″. If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can use a wine bottle. Transfer onto cast iron and press against the sides, Arrange the sliced apples on top.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and lemon juice. Coat the apples. Tuck in the remaining puff pastry, brush with egg wash and sprinkle some sparkling sugar on top (this is totally optional). Bake at 425F for 40 minutes, until golden.
- To serve: scoop some vanilla ice cream right before serving. Drizzle some caramel sauce on top and enjoy!
Looking for quick & easy recipes? Check out these reader favorites:
If you loved this recipe, leave a comment and rate! Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram using the hashtag #yogaofcooking. It always makes my day!
Happy Baking! xPrint