Small batch of perfectly soft vegan chocolate chip cookies with crispy edges and puddles of melted chocolate.
You know when those cravings hit you and you want CCCs really bad but they take so much effort? Yeah not these! Not only are these SO GOOD and super quick to make, the recipe only makes 6. So 3 for you, and 3 for your partner/roommate/yourself a little later.
These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
- Quick & easy
- Soft in the center with crispy edges
- Puddled with melted chocolate
Tips for making Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
There are so easy to make, they barely need an explanation. But, since lots of you are new to baking and I want you to feel super confident when attempting any of my recipes, here are a couple of tips to set you up for cookie success:
- Measure all your ingredients before you start.
- Use a neutral oil, such as grapeseed (like I did) or coconut oil. If using coconut oil, melt it in the microwave in a heatproof bowl, and let it cool before using.
- Sift the coconut sugar because it tends to clump up.
- After you’re done combining all the ingredients, use your hands to fully incorporate the chocolate chips. And to make the 6 dough balls, it’s so much easier.
- This cookie dough is not like traditional dough. It looks a little oily but it turns out perfect!
Substitutes for these Small Batch Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- If you don’t have dietary restrictions, you can use regular milk and standard chocolate chips.
- For gluten free, use a 1-1 baking gluten free flour such as Bob’s Red Mill.
- You can sub coconut sugar for light brown sugar, in equal amounts.
- If you don’t have coconut or grapeseed oil, you can use vegetable oil (not my favorite), olive oil (but taste might change slightly) or butter (regular or vegan)
For more chocolate recipes, check out these popular recipes:
As always, if you loved this recipe, leave a comment and rate! Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram using the hashtag #yogaofcooking. It always makes my day!
Happy Baking! xPrint