This giant Apple Cinnamon Roll Cake topped with a Maple Cream Cheese Frosting is the perfect warm & cozy Sunday breakfast.
Fall means warm and cozy breakfasts loaded with seasonal ingredients like apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and maple. This recipe combines them all in a giant skillet cinnamon roll. The dough is soft and buttery, filled with diced apples and topped with a mouth watering maple cream cheese icing.
This Apple Cinnamon Roll Cake is made in 3 stages:
- First make the dough: this is the most important part of the recipe. Make sure to read the instructions a couple of times and that you use instant yeast, not active dry yeast.
- While the dough rises, make the cinnamon apple filling. I used honey crisp apples, but you can use your favorite kind. Spread the filling all over the dough (see set 6 on recipe card) and roll the dough strips to make a giant cinnamon roll.
- While the cinnamon roll cake bakes, make the maple cream cheese icing using softened cream cheese. The maple syrup will add richness to the icing, so don’t skip! Chill until ready to serve.
Can you make ahead the Apple Cinnamon Roll Cake?
Absolutely! I developed this recipe with breakfast in mind, so you can wake up, pop it in the oven and serve within the hour.
To make ahead:
- For the dough, follow steps 1 through 4, and let the dough rise overnight in the fridge. The next day, roll out the dough and follow step 5.
- Dice the apples and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Leave the butter and cream cheese out on the countertop the night before so that it is at room temperature and ready to spread the filling and to make the icing.
- The next morning, make the butter and cinnamon filling.
- While the cinnamon roll cake bakes, make the maple cream cheese icing.
Looking for more Breakfast Ideas? Check out these Recipes:
- Almond & Berries Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chip Dutch Baby
- Healthy Raspberry Granola Bars
- The Ultimate Avo Toast Brunch Board
If you make this recipe please rate and leave a comment. Share your bakes with me using #yogaofcooking so I can share with our community!Print