Build your own Avo Toast with the ultimate avocado toast brunch board. This spread has a little something for everyone!
Sunday brunch anyone? This is probably one of the best spreads out there. The Ultima Avocado Toast Brunch Board is perfect for entertaining friends; it has a little something for everyone. Featuring a variety of toppings, you can pick and choose how you make your own avo toast – my favorite? avo mash, jammy eggs, bacon and chives on sourdough!
Here, I’ll share tips on how to make this board and avo topping ideas to get you started!
How to make your own avo toast board
For this spread, you’re going to need a whole lot of toppings, so make sure to save/print the recipe card below and head to the store.
Let’s start with the bread. Since it’s the base of your toast, it needs to be a great one! Head to your local bakery and ask for whole wheat sourdough, seriously. It’s the best!
Next, make your own jammy eggs. So easy! Drop the eggs in boiling water and cook for 6 minutes, then transfer to a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes. Crack and peel!
Have a variety of fruits, produce/greens and garnishes. Here’s what I used:
- Watermelon radishes, and regular radished
- Cucumber ribbons
- Red onion
- Figs, blackberries, pomegranate arils, lemon slices
- Feta or goat cheese
- Garnishes such as: chili flakes, everything but the bagel seasoning, chives, capers, dill, salt and pepper
Note: feel free to swap ingredients for ones you like best, or if there’s one you can’t find. Remember this is just a guide to inspire you to create your own!
Make your own Avo Toast
- First, toast the sourdough to your liking. Drizzle some olive oil and place 1/2 an avocado on top. Mash and spread into the bread using a fork, keeping it as chunky as possible.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and squeeze a bit of lime on top.
- See picture #2 and #3 for ideas:
- Follow steps 1 and 2, top with sliced figs.
- Follow steps 1 and 2, top with lox and cucumber ribbon. Garnish with dill and capers.
- Follow steps 1 and 2, top with feta or goat cheese, and pomegranate arils. Garnish with chives.
- Follow steps 1 and 2, top with radishes and cucumber ribbons.
- Follow steps 1 and 2, top with jammy eggs, onions, bacon and chives (my favorite!)
Note: if you prefer to make the avo mash ahead of time, mash the avocados in a bowl, leaving some chunks. Squeeze the lime, and add salt and pepper to taste. It will start browning after 20-30 minutes, so keep that in mind!
Shop the Essentials
Looking for more boards? Check these out:
As always, if you loved this recipe, leave a comment and rate! Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram using the hashtag #yogaofcooking. It always makes my day!
Happy Brunching! xPrint
Styled with: Meg Quinn