This post is sponsored by Sur La Table.
Rich and decadent Chocolate Fondue is perfect for entertaining! This easy dessert board features fun dipping options and is best enjoyed with your favorite wine.
When Sur La Table approached me to create a delicious and fancy dessert idea for the OSCARS, I thought a Chocolate Fondue desserts board was just perfect.
Nothing says fancy like chocolate and wine. To make it Oscars themed, I included some traditional and elevated movie night snacks such as popcorn balls, star shaped pound cake, mini donuts and some fresh fruits to keep it light.
How to Make Chocolate Fondue
- Start with high quality dark chocolate such as Valrhona. Chocolate chips wont work since they aren’t pure chocolate, so it’s better to stick to chocolate bars.
- When melting chocolate and transferring to the fondue set, make sure no water gets into the bowl. It’ll seize the chocolate and basically ruin it.
- Add vanilla and/or your favorite liqueur for an extra layer of flavor
- Make sure your dipping options are room temperature, so that the condensation from cold ingredients doesn’t mess with the chocolate texture.
Fun Dip Ideas for a Chocolate Fondue Dessert Board
I think you can dip almost anything and it’ll taste delicious, but here are some ideas to get you started. Since this board is OSCARS theme
- Fresh fruits: I love strawberries and blackberries with chocolate! You can also try pineapple and bananas.
- Popcorn balls: nothing says movies like popcorns, but to make it fondue-friendly, I made popcorn balls for easy dipping. Recipe follows.
- Mini donuts & donut holes: do I need to explain why? It just works! and it’s delicious. You can also try madeleines or brownie bites.
- Salty snacks: sea salt and chocolate is just perfection. So try simple salty snacks like chips and pretzels.
- Don’t forget to include sprinkles! It makes it extra fun especially for kids!
Best Fondue Sets
Sur La Table has a great variety of fondue sets. When looking for one, I’d suggest taking into consideration how many people you’d typically feed. If it’s for entertaining get a large one. If it’s for occasional dinner dates or family fun, you can get away with like the one I used. Keep in mind you can use it for cheese, salted caramel and chocolate!
How to Make Popcorn Balls
Making popcorn balls is easy & quick. All you need is store bought popcorn, butter, powdered sugar and light corn syrup. You can also add marshmallows for extra chewiness.
Combine the butter, powdered sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add popcorn and salt, and mix until fully coated. Allow to cool, then shape into balls!
So there you have it! The perfect dessert board for a fun entertaining night with friends & family!
If you make it, share it with me on instagram using #yogaofcooking so I can see your creations!Print
Rich and decadent Chocolate Fondue is perfect for a date night in! This easy dessert board features fun dipping options and is best enjoyed with your favorite wine.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz dark chocolate (chopped)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Liqueur to taste (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 7 cups popcorn
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Let sit for 1 minute. Whisk until fully combined. Add the butter and stir until melted. Add the vanilla and liqueur (if using) and whisk once more. Transfer to your fondue set and follow instructions to keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter, corn syrup and powdered sugar. Whisk constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Add popcorn and salt and stir until fully combined. Allow to cool slightly and shaped coated popcorn into balls.
Looking for more entertaining ideas? Check these out!
Thank you for supporting the brands that make Yoga of Cooking happen!7