Is there anything better than waking up to warm banana bread? It’s one of those classic, homemade baked goods everyone loves. So if you want to make someone’s day, make them some banana bread! Or better yet, bring them to work on a Monday morning to cheer everyone up.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s naturally sweetened and has plenty of good fats (coconut oil and tahini). I’ve been gluten-free for a long time, and love using this 1:1 blend, but you can also use the same amount of spelt flour. You can also change up this recipe and add chopped pecans, walnuts, raisins, dried fruits such as cherries and raisins, but my favorite mix-in is for sure chocolate chunk. It wouldn’t be a Yoga of Cooking recipe if it didn’t call for some chocolate!
These are my favorite dairy-free chunks from Enjoy Life.
If you’re on a special diet, feel free to replace the eggs for flax eggs and omit the brown sugar all together. There you have it, your new favorite breakfast is calling your name. Just add coffee!
If you make this recipe, leave a comment below or tag #yogaofcooking so I can see your creations!Print
Your new favorite banana bread: Tahini & Dark Chocolate Banana Bread made with gluten free flour, coconut oil, sesame seeds and naturally sweetened with honey. The perfect way to start your day!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted, cooled)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3–4 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup nut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
Optional Toppings & Mix-ins
- 1 less ripe banana to top (optional)
- white sesame seeds to top (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans or dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease and line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, tahini and light brown sugar. Add in the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Stir in mashed bananas, vanilla and almond milk, and whisk to blend. Sift over the dry ingredients and stir in the flour, almond meal, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chunks (and any additional mix-ins).
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with halved banana and sprinkle sesame seeds, if using.
- Place the pan in the middle rack and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (except for melted chocolate). Cook another 5 minutes if any mix-ins were added.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.