A rustic strawberry galette made with puff pastry, fresh berries and honey. This galette is the perfect late summer night dessert and it’s even better when served with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed, halved
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, whisked, for egg wash
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar, optional
- 1–2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Fresh thyme and edible flowers, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly flour a working surface, and roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet into a 16″x14″ rectangle. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) by wrapping it around the rolling pin and unrolling over the sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the halved strawberries, light brown sugar, honey, cornstarch and vanilla extract, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Arrange the strawberry filling over the dough, leaving about 3 inches from the edges. Lift the edges up and fold up and over the berries.
- Brush the crust with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 3-5 minutes. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some fresh thyme sprigs and edible flowers.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: puff pastry galette, strawberry galette, strawberry dessert