These delicious Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are the best of both worlds; soft and chewy cookies, filled with melty ice cream and covered in mini chocolate chips.
My Small Batch Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies got such incredible reviews that it made sense to turn them into Vegan Ice Cream sandwiches! These cookies are like no other out there, no one will ever notice they’re vegan – not that there’s anything wrong with that – but Vegan desserts don’t usually get people talking! These cookie sandwiches will, promise!
These homemade Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are:
- Quick & easy
- Soft in the center with crispy edges
- Perfect for summer!
- Small batch! Recipe makes 6 sandwiches.
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream sandwiches
- All purpose flour: this is our preferred flour for soft and chewy cookies with crispy edges. You can sub for 1-1 gluten free baking flour.
- Coconut sugar: for a healthier choice that has a lower glycemic impact on our system. It also adds a really nice flavor to these cookies. Sub for light brown sugar if preferred.
- Neutral oil: such as grapeseed or melted coconut oil
- Plant based milk: I used almond milk for a nutty taste. Another great option is coconut milk from a carton, not a can.
- Vegan dark chocolate chips: such as Lily’s (sweetened with Stevia) or Enjoy Life. Similar versions available for mini chocolate chips if you’re rolling the edges in them.
- Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream: soft and creamy vegan vanilla ice cream made with almond milk is our first choice. Feel free to use what you love!
Tips for the best Vegan chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches
- This cookie dough is not like traditional dough. It looks a little oily but it turns out perfect!
- Make ahead: frozen desserts can take time, so make sure you prep the cookies ahead of time and have all the ingredients on hand. After assembling the cookies, they’d need to freeze for about 2 hours.
- Use a neutral oil, such as grapeseed (like I did) or coconut oil. If using coconut oil, melt it in the microwave in a heatproof bowl, and let it cool before using.
- Sift the coconut sugar as it tends to clump up.
- After you’re done combining all the ingredients, use your hands to fully incorporate the chocolate chips. And to make the 6 dough balls, it’s so much easier.
- Wrap the cookie sandwiches in parchment paper before freezing. This prevents freezer burn!
How to make Vegan Ice Cream Sammies – Video
For more vegan chocolate recipes, check out these popular recipes:
As always, if you loved this recipe, leave a comment and rate! Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram using the hashtag #yogaofcooking. It always makes my day!Print