This post is sponsored by KOI CBD. All opinions are my own.
This Strawberry Tres Leches cake is light, spongy and absolutely delicious. Soaked in a sweet strawberry milk mixture, and infused with CBD oil, this easy Hispanic inspired recipe will become one of your favorites!
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you! I’ve been wanting to make recipes with CBD for a long time, so when KOI CBD reached out I knew it was the perfect brand to partner with.
Of course I wanted my first CBD infused recipe to be Hispanic inspired, so since you all loved my Traditional Tres Leches, I developed a strawberry milk version using KOI Naturals Strawberry Infused CBD.
A note on CBD Oil:
Koi CBD is 100% Natural, 99%+ Pure CBD manufactured in an ISO Certified Lab and contains No THC (0%) – the stuff that makes you high. They use only the highest quality ingredients available, and Koi is Lab Tested for purity, consistency, and safety. Each batch of their CBD has full traceability from the start, to the finished product. Koi Naturals Strawberry provides the incredible benefits of cannabinoids and 13 distinct terpenes.
In short, CBD oil will not make you high, but it may help relieve symptoms of anxiety and pain (source: HuffPost). Please consult your doctor before using if you have any medical conditions or are simply concerned.
How to bake with CBD oil
Baking with CBD oil can be very easy. To bake with CBD, it needs to be extracted into a fat, which is why KOI tinctures are perfect for baking. They have been infused with coconut oil, and come in a variety of flavors – including natural.
How much you add to your baked goods depends on the amount or dosage per serving. If it’s your first time, I’d suggest adding the smallest suggested amount. For this Strawberry Tres Leches, I added 3 full droppers since the suggested amount per person is 1-3 full droppers a day. Even if you eat the entire cake by yourself, it’s still a very safe amount.
Also, since I only added the Strawberry CBD to the milk mixture, I didn’t have to worry about baking temperature. When you’re adding it to a batter, make sure that temperatures aren’t greater than 340F, it increases it’s potency and tastes awful.
How to make a Strawberry Tres Leches
This Tres Leches, is different from my traditional recipe (which is my grandma’s). I know that making a tres leches batter can be tricky, so I opted for an easy, store-bought white cake. And the result is incredible! It kinda tastes like Nesquik strawberry milk (without the crappy stuff). The cake is soft and spongy, and not too soaked in milk.
For this recipe, I used 2 boxed cakes, condensed milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, and fresh strawberries. Kept the topping simple and not too sweet with fresh whipped cream and strawberries (which you’d add right before serving). If you’re home and don’t have boxes cake, double the recipe for my traditional tres leches cake!
I’m so happy you’re making one of my recipes, and would love to see how it turns out! Share it on Instagram using #yogaofcooking so I can see it, it always makes my day!
Happy Baking! xoPrint
For the cake
- 2 white cake box mix
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups water
- 6 eggs
For the milk mixture
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 1/2 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 3 full droppers of KOI Naturals Strawberry Tincture, optional
For the Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries, to serve
For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour an 9×13×2 inch sheet pan.
- Follow the instructions on the cake mix box. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once cooled, transfer to a cooling rack and using a cake leveler, remove the dome-like top of the cake to get a flat surface.
- Using a skewer, poke holes into the top of the cake. Set aside.
For the Milk mixture
- In a blender, combine the whole milk and strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the condensed milk and evaporated milk, and blend again.
- If using the CBD tincture, add 1 full dropper at a time. I used 3 full droppers!
- Pour the milk mixture over the cake, one cup at a time, until it begins to soak. Refrigerate covered for at least 4 hours (but preferably overnight) before serving to allow the mixture to absorb completely.
For the whipped cream
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream and confectioners sugar on medium-high speed until medium peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
- Spread whipped cream on top, just before serving. Top with strawberries. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: Hispanic, CDB
Keywords: strawberry tres leches, cbd baking
looking for delicious recipes? check these out!
* This post is brought to you by KOI CBD. All content, including recipe, photos, and words are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Yoga of Cooking, mindful.13