This Strawberry Tres Leches cake is light, spongy and absolutely delicious. Soaked in a sweet strawberry milk mixture, and infused with CBD oil, this easy Hispanic inspired recipe will become one of your favorites!
For the cake
- 2 white cake box mix
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups water
- 6 eggs
For the milk mixture
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 1/2 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 3 full droppers of KOI Naturals Strawberry Tincture, optional
For the Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries, to serve
For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour an 9×13×2 inch sheet pan.
- Follow the instructions on the cake mix box. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once cooled, transfer to a cooling rack and using a cake leveler, remove the dome-like top of the cake to get a flat surface.
- Using a skewer, poke holes into the top of the cake. Set aside.
For the Milk mixture
- In a blender, combine the whole milk and strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the condensed milk and evaporated milk, and blend again.
- If using the CBD tincture, add 1 full dropper at a time. I used 3 full droppers!
- Pour the milk mixture over the cake, one cup at a time, until it begins to soak. Refrigerate covered for at least 4 hours (but preferably overnight) before serving to allow the mixture to absorb completely.
For the whipped cream
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream and confectioners sugar on medium-high speed until medium peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
- Spread whipped cream on top, just before serving. Top with strawberries. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: Hispanic, CDB
Keywords: strawberry tres leches, cbd baking