Nothing better than waking up to a stack of fluffy chocolate chip pancakes any day of the week! Top them with fresh whipped cream and more chocolate chips.
Good morning! Today is Pancake Day which means I’m waking up to celebrate with my favorite fluffy chocolate chip pancakes recipe! These are so fluffy and delicious they’ll make your heart happy.
What I love about chocolate chip pancakes is that they’re almost like a dessert! (but also work great as breakfast for dinner, YUM!). Each bite is so buttery and bursting with chocolate, what else can you ask for?!
How to make the perfect pancakes
A few of my favorite tips to make the perfect pancakes!
- This tip I’ve been following for a long time and comes from Pioneer Woman. Grease your pan with cold butter right before pouring the batter. It’ll create an even fat layer for the pancakes to cook in.
- For even sized pancakes use a small non-stick pan instead of a griddle. It does take longer but they’ll all be the exact same size and shape. Perfect for photos! This is my favorite one but any 8-inch would do.
- If you’re baking a big batch, keep them warm in the oven on low temp (200F) until ready to serve.
- Allow the batter to rest for 30-45 minutes. This will make your pancakes lighter and fluffier!
The best pancake toppings
These chocolate chip pancakes are delicious on their own, but if you want to be a little extra, these are my go-to’s:
- Fresh Whipped Cream: this is a great recipe to follow!
- Maple Syrup or honey
- Extra Chocolate Chips
- Chopped nuts! I love hazelnuts and chocolate, and I think you would too!
If you try this recipe, share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #yogaofcooking so I can see your creations!Print