Easy pancake bread recipe, perfect for breakfast on the go or mid-afternoon snack! Serve warm.
How to make Trader Joe’s Copycat Pancake Bread recipe
If you’re as obsessed with Trader Joe’s as I am, you’re probably familiar with their Pancake Bread – and all their to-die-for baked goods! I’ve been getting this bread the past couple of months, but lately it’s been getting harder and harder to find.. which is the only thing I *hate* about TJ’s.
You know how you fall in love with something they sell and then one day, it’s gone and not coming back! So, I took it upon myself to make a Pancake bread recipe for when those hardcore cravings hit and TJ’s has moved on to their next best thing.
A word of caution – this recipe is addicting but it’s also made with better ingredients so it doesn’t taste EXACTLY the same. As you know packaged stuff always comes with those extra, hard to pronounce ingredients that make everything taste better.
Since I didn’t know exactly where to start, I based the recipe off of my bread/loaf recipes and also from King Arthur Flour. They use maple flavor in addition to maple syrup to enhance flavor, but I didn’t have any, and honestly didn’t want to get it just for this recipe. Assuming most of you home bakers prefer recipes with ingredients you have at home, I didn’t add it. But, if you want even more maple taste, you can find it on Amazon.
One last thing, this pancake bread is best served warm with a cup of coffee! Or even better, with a homemade Oatmilk latte!
I’m so happy you’re making one of my recipes, and would love to see how it turns out! Share it on Instagram using #yogaofcooking so I can see it, it always makes my day!
Happy Baking! xoPrint
Easy pancake bread recipe, perfect for breakfast on-the-go or mid-afternoon snack! Serve warm with a cup of coffee. YUM!
- 2 cups all purpose flour, I use unbleached
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the Pancake bread
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- To make the topping: combine all ingredients until fully incorporated. It should have a wet sand texture (see photos for reference). Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitter with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, followed by the canola oil, buttermilk, maple syrup, heavy cream and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt – until combined.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and fold until incorporated.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Sprinkle the topping over the batter, evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Keywords: pancake bread recipe