An easy bread pudding recipe made with brioche, raspberries, chocolate and sliced almonds.
This is one of my favorite breakfast-meets-dessert recipes! I’ve been wanting to share it for a while, ever since I saw it on Donna Hay Magazine, I knew I had to create my own.
What I love about it is the elevated take on this classic recipe. I used brioche instead of regular bread, which holds better and doesn’t get super soggy. I also added raspberries and chocolate, because they go so good together! Plus some sliced almonds and almond extract. YUM!
This raspberry chocolate bread pudding is very easy and super customizable. it’s perfect for a holiday brunch or the day after Thanksgiving.
How to Make Bread Pudding
Bread pudding is one of the easiest recipes to make! Start by cutting your brioche into 2 inch slices. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper and arrange the brioche slices. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the raspberries, chocolate chips and almonds.
Scatter the raspberries, chocolate and almond slices on top and in between the brioche slices. Pour over the mixture and set aside to soak for 15 minutes. Cook for 30 minutes, until golden.
If you’re not a fan of raspberries, you can sub for blueberries or strawberries.
I’m so happy you’re here and are making one of my recipes! I would love to see how it turns out, so share it on Instagram using #yogaofcooking or send me a DM so I can see it and show others. It always makes my day!
Happy Baking! xoPrint
An easy bread pudding recipe made with brioche, raspberries, chocolate and roasted almonds.
- 1 brioche loaf, sliced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the brioche slices in the loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, heavy cream, eggs, vanilla and almond extract, and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and salt, whisking as you go.
- Scatter the raspberries, chocolate and almond slices on top and in between the brioche slices. Pour over the mixture and set aside to soak for 15 minutes.
- Cook for 30 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving, and dust some confectioners sugar on top.
Recipe adapted from Donna Hay.
Keywords: bread pudding
Looking for more recipes? Check these out!5