Homemade authentic chocolate rice pudding has the perfect texture and and sweetness. Easy to make and a favorite recipe of mine. It’s also lactose-free!
This post is sponsored by La Lechera. All opinions are my own.
This recipe is the coziest fall treat! This is a family recipe that I’ve tweaked throughout the years. Having grown up in South America (without seasons) we’d always serve it cold. But, now that I’ve been living in the US for a really long time, I simply love it warm, straight from the pot! Partially cause I have no self-control, and partially because it’s so much more comforting when warm.
I teamed up with La Lechera to bring you this recipe. I was so excited to see their new Lactose-free sweetened condensed milk (which you can purchase here), because so many of you ask for healthier versions of my recipes. This isn’t a healthy recipe by any means, however, I LOVE skipping on dairy whenever possible. This lactose-free condensed milk has the exact same flavor and texture as the regular one, so you’d never notice the difference (but your belly might 🙂 ).
how to make chocolate rice pudding
This no-fail recipe comes together super quick. All you need is rice, milk, lactose-free condensed milk, cinnamon sticks, and all-spice! Cook the rice in water, as you normally would. Add lactose-free milk and cinnamon sticks and cook for 15 minutes, stirring constantly. Add La Lechera Lactose-free condensed milk, sugar, all spice and salt, and cook for another 30 minutes. Allow to cool before refrigerating.
I actually prefer to serve it warm, straight from the pot, especially during the fall and winter days.
Traditionally, rice pudding is served with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I love the simplicity and the combination of flavors, but also wanted to add something extra like chocolate. If you know, you know 😉
To make chocolate swirls, melt some dairy-free chocolate with coconut oil in a microwave safe oven, just before serving.
Looking for more hispanic recipes? Check these out:
I’m so happy you’re here and are making one of my favorite family recipes! I would love to see how it turns out, so share it on Instagram using #yogaofcooking or send me a DM so I can see it and show others. It always makes my day!
Happy Cozy Baking! xoPrint
homemade chocolate rice pudding (lactose-free)
Homemade authentic rice pudding with chocolate swirls has the perfect texture and and sweetness. Easy to make and a favorite recipe of mine. It’s also lactose-free!
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 servings 1x
for the rice pudding
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp all-spice
- 4 cups lactose-free milk
- 1 cup La Lechera Lactose-free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
for the chocolate swirls:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Butterscotch chips
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Drizzle La Lechera Lactose-free Sweetened Condensed Milk
make the rice pudding
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the rice and water and allow to cook for 10 minutes, or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Add milk and cinnamon sticks and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring constantly. If the milk has been absorbed but the rice isn’t soft enough, add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Add the lactose-free condensed milk, sugar, all spice and salt, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir one more time.
- Allow to come to room temperature before refrigerating.
For the Chocolate Swirls:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in 30 second increments, mixing in between until the chocolate is fully melted. Allow to cool a bit before serving.
- Pour some chocolate sauce in the bottom of a cup, add a few tablespoons of rice pudding and a another tablespoon of chocolate sauce. Alternate as desired! Top with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, condensed milk or coconut. Serve cold or warm (I prefer warm!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: hispanic
Keywords: homemade chocolate rice pudding
This post was sponsored by La Lechera. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Yoga of Cooking, mindful.11
Wow I have to try this condensed milk for my sister!! she is lactose intolerant! She looooves condensed milk too just like I do!!